Do you need a healthy, high-protein breakfast to kickstart your day? Give your body the power it needs with our delicious and easy protein pancake recipe! The perfect blend of tasty ingredients will have you feeling full, energized, and ready to take on whatever comes next. But think about something other than basic buttermilk pancakes loaded with unhealthy ingredients - we're talking about light and fluffy protein pancakes that won't leave you feeling weighed down.
Not only are they simple to make, but these protein pancakes also provide an excellent source of essential vitamins and minerals that will aid in weight loss and optimal athlete performance. Whether you're just looking for something healthy or want a sweet treat every once in a while, this scrumptious pancake recipe is sure to leave your stomach happy and satisfied.
Related: Educational Resources and More
High Protein Pancakes Ingredients
First things first, let's go over these essential ingredients for our delicious pancakes:
- Rolled oats (optional)
- 2 scoops of protein powder – whey or plant-based work best for this protein pancake recipe!
- Banana (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- Coconut flour (optional)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Baking powder
- Salt (optional)
- Cooking spray, oil, butter, or vegan butter for cooking
- 6 tablespoons of water, milk or non-dairy milk for a vegan alternative
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
Preparation and Mixing Instructions
- (Optional) Blend your oats. Add rolled oats to a blender and process for about 10 to 15 seconds or until a flour-like consistency is achieved.
- Mix your dry ingredients. Thoroughly blend processed oats, protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl.
- Mix your wet ingredients. In a separate medium dish, thoroughly mash your bananas. Add your large egg and milk to the bowl. Add your dry components to your wet ingredients and blend thoroughly. Try to keep the ingredients the same.
- The batter should be relatively thick. Give the mixture 5 minutes to rest.
Instructions Without Optional Ingredients:
- Place a nonstick skillet over medium heat on the stovetop. Use cooking spray, butter, or coconut oil, and let it melt.
- Mix 1-2 scoops of protein powder, eggs, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add the water or the milk of your choice gradually until the mixture has the texture of pancake batter. You may only need some of the water, but not all.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, transfer the batter to the skillet. Typically made for 3 pancakes.
- When bubbles appear on the surface, they are ready to be flipped.
- Serve with sugar-free syrup, chocolate chips, and butter.
- Low to medium heat should be applied to a big nonstick pan or griddle. Once the fat is heated, add it and let it warm up. Using a 1/4 cup scoop, create pancakes of a similar size.
- You should get approximately 3 to 5 pancakes (you may need to cook in batches depending on your pan size).
- Cook for three to four minutes or until bubbles begin to form on the outside. Turn and cook for one to two minutes or until golden brown.
Interested in fitness and health-curated recipes? Check out our mouth-watering food guides at HUMBLEROOTS!
Ways to Upgrade Your Protein Pancakes
Don't fret if this excellent breakfast isn't kicking in that extra punch for you. We get it, sometimes we need that hint of chocolate or sweetness to get our taste buds tingling. After all, toppings are the best part of this delicious breakfast. Here are some tasteful topping recommendations we love!
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Blueberries and strawberries
- Sugar-free sweetener
- Vanilla extract
- White or dark chocolate chips
- Maple syrup (vegan-friendly)
- Agave syrup (vegan-friendly)
- Fresh strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries (vegan-friendly)
- Berry preserves or jam (vegan-friendly)
- Sugar-free whipped cream
- Keto ice cream
- Vegan Nutella spread
- Coconut whipped cream
- Walnuts, pistachios, flax seeds, and almonds
- Chia seed pudding
- Açaí bowl base
- Dried coconut shreds
- Raw cacao nibs
- Peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter, and walnut butter
Recommended Protein Powder
Protein powder is a crucial ingredient in these pancakes. Here, we have curated a list of the best protein powders for this breakfast dish. Whey and plant-based powders are the most basic and go-to powders in general. If you get easily bored with the same ones, don't worry, we've got you!
- Casein protein powder
- Egg protein powder
- Collagen powder (also great for hair and skin)
- Whey isolate powder
- Whey concentrate powder
The Best Protein Powder Flavors:
Tired of basic flavors like chocolate and vanilla? Here is a list of our favorite protein powder flavors.
- Birthday Cake
- Cookies and Cream
- Peanut Butter
- Banana Split
- Salted Caramel
- Strawberry Cream
- White Chocolate
- Mint Chocolate
- Graham Cracker
After you finish these delicious pancakes for breakfast, check out our Focus Energy Gummies to get that extra boost at the gym!
Overall, this is an excellent recipe for those who are in a time crunch or have a lot going on and still want to be able to maintain their protein intake. Protein shakes and meats are boring; mix things up with this tasty recipe. This dish can also be turned into a delicious dessert by adding chocolate chips or topping it with a variety of fruits and nuts.
Thanks for reading and trying out our recipe! We hope you enjoyed these protein pancakes as much as we did. They're perfect for a quick, nutritious breakfast and a great dessert. Careful, these protein-packed pancakes will taste so amazing you won't want to share!