Are you looking to add a delicious, high-protein twist to your breakfast routine? If so, our delectable French Toast recipe is sure to please! Packed full of muscle-building proteins, healthy sugars and carbohydrates, this protein-loaded dish is the perfect way to start off any day. From easily finding all the necessary ingredients at your local supermarket or health food store, you can quickly whip up a plateful in no time that's sure to please even the pickiest eater. Whether you're an occasional gym goer hoping for some additional fuel after a workout or just an everyday fitness enthusiast looking for more nutritiously indulgent options without compromising nutrition and flavor - our High Protein French Toast will have you wanting seconds!
French toast is a traditional breakfast item, but it can be high in carbs and sugar. Fortunately, you can make a tasty high protein version with a few simple ingredient adjustments that will keep you feeling full and pleased all morning long. In this article, we'll share our favorite high protein French toast recipe as well as some advice on how to make it even healthier.
Related Link: How to Get the Sustained Energy You Crave
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of low-fat milk
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, protein powder, cinnamon, and vanilla essence until well combined.
- Cooking spray a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture, coating both sides evenly.
- Cook the bread for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings, such as fresh fruit, nuts, or a drizzle of honey.
The Advantages of High Protein French Toast
Making the switch to a high protein form of French toast has numerous advantages, including feeling full and content for longer periods of time. Protein is necessary for muscle growth and repair, and it can also assist manage blood sugar levels, preventing crashes and maintaining energy levels throughout the day. Improving your protein intake has also been proved to aid weight loss by decreasing cravings and increasing feelings of fullness.
Do you want to boost your performance naturally with high-quality, plant-based supplements you can rely on? Check out HUMBLEROOTS today!
Healthy Recipe Ingredient Swaps
There are a few ingredient adjustments you can make to make this French toast even healthier. To begin, substitute whole wheat bread for white bread. Whole wheat is high in fiber, which can help you feel full and aid with digestion. Second, choose low-fat milk over full milk or cream. This minimizes the dish's calorie and fat content. Finally, instead of flavored syrup or sugar, use a high-quality protein powder. This adds protein without the additional sugars and artificial flavors that many sweeteners contain.
Serving Suggestions and Variations
While this high protein French toast dish is wonderful on its own, there are a few ways to vary it and keep your breakfast interesting. Here are some serving ideas and variants to try:
- Fruit toppings: Serve your French toast with sliced bananas, strawberries, blueberries, or other fruit. This gives extra nutrients and flavor without increasing the number of calories.
- Nut butter: Top your French toast with a tablespoon of almond butter, peanut butter, or cashew butter. It not only adds more protein and good fats, but it also makes the French toast more filling.
- Savory version: For a more savory breakfast, season the egg mixture with garlic powder, black pepper, and grated Parmesan cheese. For a complete dinner, serve with a side of turkey bacon or turkey sausage.
- Gluten-free version: Use gluten-free bread instead of regular bread to make this dish gluten-free. You may also make the coating with almond flour or coconut flour instead of all-purpose flour.
Topping Ideas for a Delicious and Nutritious Breakfast
One of the best parts about French toast is the range of toppings available. Add a dollop of Greek yogurt or cottage cheese on top for a high protein boost. These selections are strong in protein and low in fat, making them both healthful and delicious. Fresh fruit, such as berries or sliced bananas, adds taste and nutrients without the use of additional sugar. A sprinkle of nuts or seeds, such as sliced almonds or chia seeds, adds crunch and beneficial fats to keep you satisfied.
Meal Preparation and Storage Suggestions
If you're pressed for time in the morning, you can easily meal prep French toast. Simply make a batch on the weekend and keep it in the fridge or freezer. Place the French toast in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to three days. Wrap each slice individually in plastic wrap and place in a large freezer bag for up to one month in the freezer. To reheat the French toast, simply microwave it until heated through, or throw it in a toaster oven for a crispy texture.
Are you looking for a plant-based supplement company that puts quality and performance first? Visit HUMBLEROOTS today!
Eating Protein French Toast
This delicious high protein French toast recipe is a great way to start off the morning. It’s full of protein and healthy carbohydrates, making it an ideal breakfast to keep you energized and satisfied until lunch. Plus, with a few customizable toppings such as fruits and nuts, there’s endless ways to combine flavors for the perfect breakfast meal. Give it a try for yourself! And for more tips on how you can boost your energy in the mornings, visit our website to see how our gummies can help with energy, sleep, & stress. All-natural and vegan ingredients make them both nutritious and delicious. If you want to start your day off right, give these gummies a go!Related Link: The Best Supplements for Sleeping