Are you looking for an easy, healthy way to sneak more protein into your diet? Or maybe you're an athlete or bodybuilder needing a new way to power up with the right nutrition. If either of these descriptions applies to you, then this protein-packed cookie recipe is exactly what you need! Whether it's a bulking season and you want to get ripped or if you simply need a healthy snack idea, this fantastic easy Protein Cookie Recipe is sure to be a delicious hit.
These delicious cookies are full of protein and fiber and incredibly customizable so that no two bites taste precisely alike. With just a few simple ingredients, this is one recipe that will soon become a staple in your meal plan. There is no need to stick to the same old flavors either; you can customize these protein cookies however you like. Read on to learn how to whip up these amazing snacks!
Related: Educational Resources and More
Chocolate Chip Protein Cookie
Cookie Batter Ingredients
- 1 Cup of 100% pure peanut butter or almond butter
- 2/3 Cup of brown sugar
- 1 Whole large egg
- 1/2 Cup of vanilla protein powder (we recommend whey or plant-based protein powder)
- 1/4 Cup chocolate chips (optional but highly recommended)
Baking and Preparation Instructions
- Preheat your oven to approximately 180C/350F. Make sure to line your cookie sheet or baking tray with parchment paper or tin foil and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all your ingredients and mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Form 12 balls of cookie dough using your hands and place them on the lined sheet. Press down on each cookie (with your hands or the back of a spoon) to form a small cookie shape. Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet completely.
These mouth-watering cookies are served great hot out of the oven with a glass of milk or non-dairy milk! What are you waiting for? Dig in!
Double-Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
Ooey-gooey chocolate always takes the cake, so why not double it and make it protein-style? This protein cookie will surely knock your gym socks off! Not a fan of chocolate or tired of the same cookie flavors? No worries, you can substitute all of the chocolate ingredients for vanilla and white chocolate chips.
Cookie Batter Ingredients:
- 1 whole peeled medium avocado
- 1 whole large egg
- ⅓ cup of 100% pure maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Dry Cookie Ingredients:
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- ½ cup of almond flour
- 5 tablespoons of collagen protein powder or you can substitute for chocolate whey protein powder (can use plant-based protein powder)
- ⅓ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
Baking and Preparation Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the avocado and your large egg to a mixing bowl.
- Mix and whisk until incorporated, about 1 minute. Mix maple syrup and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the cocoa powder, almond flour, protein powder of your choice, baking soda, and salt to a separate bowl.
- Stir, then add to the mixer with the wet components and combine entirely. Next, combine the chocolate chips with the batter.
- Form 10 small 1.5-inch cookies on a baking sheet coated with parchment paper. The cookies will spread, so be sure to give them plenty of space.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 10 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- When they have cooled thoroughly, place them in the refrigerator, freezer, or container at room temperature. Use parchment paper or tin foil between each cookie to prevent them from sticking together.
If you are looking to add a punch to these cookies, we recommend making these high-protein cookies into an ice cream sandwich using our No Churn Protein Ice Cream Recipe (Insert internal link).
How to Properly Freeze and Store
Need a protein snack before or after the gym? Don't let these delicious high-protein cookies go to waste! We highly suggest you properly store your cookies to ensure quality and freshness. Plus, these make a great quick breakfast or an on-the-go snack when you are in a rush.
Instructions On How To Store:
Leftover cookies can be stored at room temperature or in a plastic or glass container with a lid for up to 2 weeks. If you'd like them to stay fresh longer, store them in the refrigerator. These cookies are best to be eaten within the first week.
Instructions On How To Freeze:
Place leftover cookies in a ziplock bag or a container with a tight lid. Then store them in the freezer, and they should stay fresh for up to 6 months.
Are you interested in more fitness and health-curated recipes? Here at HUMBLEROOTS, we have the perfect handpicked recipes made just for you!
Now that you know how to make your own high-protein cookies, what are you waiting for? Give them a try and see for yourself how delicious and nutritious they can be! They are healthy and high in protein, which makes them perfect for after-workout snacks or quick breakfasts on the go.
This recipe is perfect for those who are looking for a healthy snack that is also high in protein. With so many different flavors to choose from, there will surely be a cookie that everyone will love. So what are you waiting for? Get baking!