Do you have a sweet tooth and want to bulk up? Or do you want to lose weight but find it hard to give up desserts and snacks? Well, we have just the solution for you - protein cheesecake! Not only can it help with a bulking phase, but also occasional healthy indulgence.
This quick and easy protein cheesecake is the perfect way to get a delicious, light, yet nutritious snack while reaching your goal of building muscle mass. Enjoy its silky texture and rich flavor that will tantalize your taste buds without ruining your diet plan – it's genuinely a fantastic combination of great taste and healthy nutrition!
This easy-to-follow recipe can be customized with different flavors so everyone can enjoy their dish version! So don't miss out - try our fantastic protein cheesecake today and start bulking right!
Related: Educational Resources and More
First, let's start with the essential ingredients to make this high-protein-packed cheesecake.
- 12 oz Fat-Free Cream Cheese
- 10 oz Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Whole Large Eggs
- 1 to 2 Tbsp Stevia (you can substitute for honey, maple syrup, or agave syrup)
- ¼ Cup of Milk
- 1 ½ Scoops Whey Protein or Vanilla Whey Protein
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Pinch of Salt
How to Prepare
- First, preheat the oven to 325°
- Soften the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl with a spoon or an electric mixer.
- Add your 2 eggs and sweetener of choice and mix using an electric mixer.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and continue mixing for 2-3min.
- Pour the mixed ingredients into a baking pan (6 Inch pan works best) lined with parchment paper for non-stick purposes.
- Bake the cheesecake at 325° for 25 min then turn down the oven to 200° and continue baking for an additional hour.
- Let the cheesecake cool in the fridge for 4-5 hours or freeze for 1-2 hours for a faster time. Add toppings, slice, and enjoy!
Luckily for you, we have a vegan version of this protein cheesecake. This plant-based alternative is still high in protein, so you don't have to worry about lost gains!
Ingredients for Cheesecake Base
- 1 ½ Cups of Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 1 ½ Cups of Ground Raw Almonds
- ⅓ Cup of Coconut Oil or Vegan Butter
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 4 tbsp of Agave Nectar (can substitute for maple syrup)
Ingredients for Cheesecake
- 1 Whole Can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 12.4oz block of silken tofu
- 12 oz of fresh strawberries (optional)
- 5 tbsp of Agave Nectar or Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp of Agar Powder
- 1 ½ Scoops of Plant-Based Protein Powder (any flavor)
How to Prepare
- First, preheat the oven to 360°
- Blend the cheesecake base in a food processor. The result should be sticky with a crumble-like texture.
- Line a baking pan with baking paper.
- Add the cake base to the pan and spread it evenly to create a level, equal base.
- Bake for about 15 minutes in the oven.
- Meanwhile, combine all cheesecake ingredients in a blender until a smooth consistency results.
- Heat the cheesecake ingredients in a skillet for three to four minutes. This is essential because the agar powder must be cooked before it can set the cheesecake. Ensure constant stirring to prevent burning.
- Remove the cheesecake mixture from the heat and pour it over the cooked cake foundation in the baking pan. The cake's bottom and baking paper should seal the liquid.
- Let it chill in the fridge for 2-4 hours before serving.
How to Level Up Your Protein Cheesecake
No need to worry if this recipe doesn't hit your flavor profile! We have a plethora of ways to step up your protein cheesecake game. Whether you prefer chocolate or vanilla, we have all the best toppings, flavors, and add-ins that will make your mouth water. Say goodbye to regular cheesecake and say hello to this creamy high, protein dessert.
Protein Powder Cheesecake Base
- Strawberry Protein Powder (Whey or Plant-Based)
- Double Chocolate Protein Powder (Whey or Plant-Based)
- Vanilla Protein Powder (Whey or Plant-Based)
- Salted Caramel Protein Powder (Whey or Plant-Based)
- Peanut Butter Protein Powder (Whey or Plant-Based
- Bananas and Cream Protein Powder (Whey or Plant-Based)
- Cookies and Cream Protein Powder (Whey or Plant-Based)
- Mocha Latte Protein Powder (Whey or Plant-Based)
- Cinnamon Roll Protein Powder (Whey or Plant-Based)
- Fresh or Frozen Strawberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, and Blueberries (Pairs great with a chocolate or vanilla protein powder base)
- Fresh or Frozen Cut Bananas
- Sliced Cherries
- Fresh or Frozen Mangoes
- Fresh Cut Apples
- Fresh Pineapple Cubes
Garnishes and Final Toppings
- Dark Chocolate Sauce (Best Served Warm)
- Berry Compote or Preserves (Best Served Warm)
- Sugar-Free Caramel Sauce (Best Served Warm)
- Cocoa Powder
- Matcha Powder
- Cinnamon Powder
- 100% Pure Honey
- Cacao Nibs
- Dried Strawberries
- Fresh Fruit
- Peanuts, Walnuts, Cashews, Pistachios, and Sunflower Seeds
- Peanut Butter Drizzle, Almond Butter Drizzle, and Cashew Butter Drizzle (Best Served Warm)
- Toasted Raw Coconut Shreds
How to Freeze Your Cheesecake
Can't finish your cheesecake or have too many leftovers? Luckily cheesecake freezes excellently, and it can stay fresh for up to 2 months in the freezer. When you are ready to eat this tasty dessert, just put it back in the fridge to thaw it out overnight. Freezing your cheesecake is a great way to meal prep and save time when you are in a rush.
If you wish to take this protein cheesecake on the go, we recommend slicing them into bite-sized cubes. After you have cubed your cheesecake, feel free to put toothpicks through them and freeze it. Excellent for an after-workout snack or a quick breakfast!
Are you interested in more healthy and fitness-curated recipes? Looking for more tips, tricks, and delicious treats? Lucky for you, here at HUMBLEROOTS, we have the perfect guides made for everyone and anyone!
Now that you know all about this fantastic, protein-packed dessert, what are you waiting for? Bulking up has never been so delicious – or easy! Don't waste any more time with regular old cheesecake recipes that leave you feeling bloated and sluggish.
This healthy alternative will make you feel your best while indulging in a delectable treat. So what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and start whipping up this delicious, protein-rich cheesecake! It's the perfect treat for anyone looking to bulk up without sacrificing taste or health.
And with a few tweaks, it could be better than regular cheesecake. This healthy dessert is so delicious you won’t want to share. Try our recipe today and see for yourself how good protein cheesecake can be!