Are you looking for a delicious and healthy snack to help kickstart your fitness journey? Well, look no further! This amazing high-protein banana bread recipe is sure to satisfy both foodies and gym bunnies alike.
With its irresistible aroma, golden brown crust, and chewy texture, this yummy treat will instantly become your go-to mid-afternoon snack. What’s more? It’s high in protein but low in fat - perfect for anyone trying to build muscle without sacrificing flavor! Packed full of protein, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients.
This Banana Bread is not just enjoyable but also incredibly nourishing. Perfect for a post-workout treat or anytime snack! Read on to find out how to make it. Read on for the recipe that will have you making mouthwatering treats that are good for bulking up and taste great too!
Related: Educational Resources and More
Protein Banana Bread Recipe
Banana Bread Ingredients:
- 2 1/4 Cups of Almond flour
- 1/2 Cup of Vanilla Whey Protein Powder or Plant-Based
- 1/4 Cup of Granulated Coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Ground Cinnamon Spice
- 1 1/2 tsp of Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt
- 3 Tbsp of Melted Coconut oil
- 2 Whole Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup of Mashed Bananas or 2 Whole Ripe Bananas Mashed
- 1/2 Cup of Walnuts (optional)
- 1/3 Cup of Dark Chocolate Chips (optional)
Preparation and Baking Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or tin foil. Be sure to smother the sides with melted coconut oil.
- Whisk the flour, protein, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the coconut oil, large eggs, and vanilla extract in a separate large mixing bowl. Add in the mashed banana and whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until mixed thoroughly together.
- Pour the batter mixture into the prepared pan and bake until dark brown. To test if the banana bread is ready, use a toothpick to insert in the center and remove it to see if it comes out clean. Baking time should be around 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let it cool in the pan for 20 minutes.
- Once the banana bread has cooled, slice and dig in!
Optional Toppings and Extra Protein
If you need to up your protein intake, here are some great add-ins and toppings to give you an extra protein punch!
- Walnuts, Peanuts, Cashews, Pistachios, and Pecans
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Rolled Oats or Granola
- Hemp Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Chia Seeds, and Flax Seeds
- Melted Almond Butter, Peanut Butter, or Cashew Butter
Vegan Protein Banana Bread Recipe
- 3 Mashed Medium Bananas
- 1/4 Cup of Ground Flax
- 2/3 Cup of Dairy-Free Milk
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup or Agave Syrup
- 2 Tbsp of 100% Pure Almond Butter
- 3 Servings of Plant-Based Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 Cup Of Gluten Free Oat Flour
- 2 Tsp of Ground Cinnamon Spice
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 2 Tsp of Baking Powder
Preparation and Baking Instructions
- First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash three bananas with a fork.
- Add the flax, plant-based milk, and syrup to the mashed bananas and stir well to combine.
- Add the oat flour, vanilla protein powder, cinnamon spice, and baking powder to the wet ingredient base.
- Stir in the almond butter until you reach a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper or tin foil to fit your loaf tin's bottom. Spray with non-stick spray to ensure that the banana bread doesn't stick to the sides of the loaf container. Pour batter in and flatten out the top.
- Bake the bread at 375 degrees Fahrenheit in the oven for 40 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Allow the banana bread to cool on the counter before slicing for about 10-20 minutes. Slice immediately or leave whole. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. This banana bread is best served warm.
Storage and Freezer Instructions
Either cover the bread in plastic wrap or store the loaf or slices in an airtight container. If storing in a container, lay a paper towel on the bottom to absorb any extra moisture. The bread will last three to four days on the counter.
Ensure that the bread has cooled to room temperature. Completely cover the bread with plastic wrap. A freezer-safe container, freezer bag, or aluminum foil may be used to keep the wrapped bread. This will protect against freezer burn. Remove any additional air from the freezer bag and freeze for up to three to four months.
Banana bread may be toasted in either the oven, toaster, air fryer, or toaster oven. You can even grill it! Microwave the banana bread for 30 to 45 seconds.
If this recipe has your taste buds tingling and your mouth watering, and you're interested in finding more health-curated recipes, check us out at HUMBLEROOTS for everything fitness related!
High-protein Banana Bread is a delicious and nutritious treat that can easily be made at home with just a few simple ingredients. This recipe is perfect for anyone looking for a healthy, high-protein snack that is quick and easy to make.
An alternative version is included for those interested in making this recipe vegan. Whether you are trying to fuel your body before a workout or want something tasty and satisfying, this banana bread will not disappoint.