Are you on the hunt for a healthy and delicious snack that is both satisfying and quick to make? Look no further than these amazing five-ingredient protein muffins! This easy recipe is a great way to get your daily dose of nutritious food while still indulging in some tasty treats. Not only are they filled with nutrient-rich ingredients, but they’ll also provide you with enough energy and fullness before or after hitting the gym. The best part? You can mix, bake, and serve them in under 30 minutes—it doesn't get much easier than this! Read on to discover our top tips on how to make the perfect batch of protein muffins every single time.
Protein muffins are an excellent way to increase your protein intake while satisfying your sweet taste. These 5 ingredient protein muffins are not only simple to make, but also high in protein, making them a nutritious and tasty snack.
Ingredients and Preparation:
- 2 scoops (60g) protein powder
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup (80g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (240ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
Note that you can customize the recipe to your liking, adding in mix-ins like chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit for added flavor and texture.
To begin, preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a muffin tin with muffin cups. Add two ripe bananas to a mixing basin and mash them with a fork. Then stir in 1 cup rolled oats and 1 scoop protein powder until completely blended. Stir in 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk until the batter is smooth. Finally, stir in 1 teaspoon baking powder.
Related Link: Max Muscle Recovery With Supplements and Stretching
Protein Muffin Advantages
Protein is a vital ingredient that aids in the formation and repair of tissues, the support of immunological function, and the maintenance of healthy hair, skin, and nails. You can enhance your daily protein consumption by including protein muffins in your diet instead of eating meat or other high-protein items.
Wanting to find a company with plant-based performance gummies that you can trust? Learn about our story at HUMBLEROOTS!
The Benefits of Using Bananas
Bananas are an excellent addition to this protein muffin recipe since they bring natural sweetness and texture. They're also high in potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and dietary fiber. Potassium is essential for maintaining appropriate blood pressure, controlling fluid balance, and supporting neuron and muscle function. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that protects cells from harm, whereas vitamin B6 is involved in the production of neurotransmitters that control mood and behavior.
The Benefits of Using Rolled Oats
Rolled oats are high in fiber, which aids digestion, lowers cholesterol levels, and promotes feelings of fullness. They are also high in complex carbs, which provide sustained energy to your body throughout the day.
The Benefits of Unsweetened Almond Milk
Unsweetened almond milk is an excellent substitute for dairy milk for those who are lactose intolerant or allergic to dairy. It's also lower in calories and fat than dairy milk, making it an excellent choice for those watching their weight. It is also high in vitamins and minerals such as vitamin E, calcium, and magnesium.
Related Link: Best Supplements for Stress
Tips for Making Perfect 5 Ingredient Protein Muffins
Follow these steps to produce the perfect 5 ingredient protein muffins:
- Use Ripe bananas. Ripe bananas are sweeter and simpler to mash, which makes them ideal for this recipe.
- Use a high-quality protein powder: The protein powder you use will alter the flavor and texture of your muffins, so choose one that you appreciate.
- Use unsweetened almond milk: Unsweetened almond milk has fewer calories and sugar than ordinary milk and gives the muffins a creamy texture. You can use whichever protein powder you like for this recipe, however whey or casein protein powder is advised.
One of the best aspects of this recipe is its versatility.
To make different varieties of protein muffins, simply change up the flavors and add-ins. Here are a few ideas for variations:
- Chocolate chip protein muffins - For a delicious treat, stir in a handful of dark chocolate chips before baking.
- Blueberry protein muffins - Before baking, fold in fresh or frozen blueberries for a burst of fruity flavor.
- Pumpkin spice protein muffins - For a fall-inspired muffin, add 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice and 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree to the mixture.
- Lemon poppy seed protein muffins - For a bright and zesty muffin, add the zest of one lemon and 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds to the batter.
- Banana nut protein muffins - For a traditional flavor combination, mash one ripe banana and incorporate it into the batter with 1/4 cup chopped nuts.
Each muffin has about 120 calories, 8 grams of protein, 5 grams of carbs, and 8 grams of fat. The almond flour contributes healthful fats and fiber, while the protein powder boosts the protein level. These muffins are a terrific on-the-go breakfast or snack choice that can also be included in a healthy diet.
Do you have any questions about our plant-based performance gummies? Contact HUMBLEROOTS today to learn more!
Eating Protein Muffins
Hopefully this Best 5 Ingredient Protein Muffins Recipe has given you some food for thought when it comes to planning and cooking your next tasty snack! Not only is this a delicious recipe, it's also full of protein and other essential vitamins and minerals. If you want to make meal-prep easier, these muffins make for great grab-and-go snacks as well as more energy throughout the day. It's always a good idea to eat a little healthier but not compromise on taste, with this amazing recipe you can have both! We hope this recipe can help lift up dreary weekdays with a flavorful treat. If you're looking for more ways to make sure your diet is topnotch, check out our website and see what we have to offer - from delicious gummies brimming with energy, sleep and stress relief.